Professional Carpet Cleaning Services
Nothing feels better under your feet or improves the look of your home like new carpeting. The number of people and pets in your household will determine how long your carpet looks and feels great, as everyday contaminants such as dirt, dander, hair and dust accumulate in the fibers. Bring new life back to your flooring with expert carpet care and cleaning from Rainbow International®.
The Benefits of a Carpet Cleaning Service
Your carpet acts as a filter, trapping airborne particles, allergens and contaminants and preventing them from recirculating through the air. Like other types of filters, it will eventually reach a saturation point. For those who suffer from allergies this is of particular concern; a carpet that can no longer filter allergens will reintroduce them with each step, reducing indoor air quality.
While routine vacuuming is essential to removing surface dirt and debris, even the most powerful household vacuum can’t remove it all. A professional cleaning gets deep down into the fibers, releasing particulates and removing them for good.
Protect Your Investment
The flooring in your home is a big investment in the health and comfort of your family. Over time the same contaminants that reside in the fibers can begin to break them down, particularly in higher traffic areas as each footstep causes friction.
An improperly maintained carpet will show wear and tear and will require replacing much sooner than one cleaned regularly, helping to protect and prolong your investment.
Six Steps to Expert Carpet Cleaning
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has set the gold standard for professional carpet care and cleaning. Rainbow International adheres to their principles by following the six steps listed below:
- Removal of dry soil. A deep vacuuming is performed, using agitation and high quality filters to remove a large percentage of particulate.
- Applying a preconditioning solution. This solution is designed to separate the soils from the carpet fibers.
- Agitation of the preconditioning solution. Agitation ensures maximum contact between the solution and the fibers.
- Soil removal with a hot water rinse. There is a reason that this is the most commonly used method of soil extraction – a hot water rinse is a highly effective method of soil removal. A truck mounted, high efficiency system is capable of removing both the cleaning solution and any particulates residing in your carpet.
- Grooming. Used to improve the overall appearance of your carpeting, grooming can help restore the pile and eliminate any matting.
- Drying. This is a critical step in the cleaning process, as a damp carpet can cause odors or accidents and attract soil. Most carpets take between two and six hours to thoroughly dry.
If you're looking to class up your home's interior design, picking out a beautiful area rug is a great way to do so. There are so many different kinds of area rugs to choose from that you're certain to find something that not only fits in with your home decor, but that also suits your specific tastes.
The Benefits of an Area Rug
Area rugs are quite flexible in their function as a piece of home decor. A subtle area rug can help to bring balance and harmony to a room full of design flourishes. You can also choose an area rug that is a little bolder in color and design in order to create a focal point within the room. And these are just the visual advantages of an area rug. Area rugs also provide extra comfort by giving hard floors a little bit of padding for your feet. They'll even offer warmth during the colder months of the year and can help to insulate a room.
Types of Area Rugs
There are so many types of area rugs to choose from, but your choice will depend on what you are looking for in terms of materials, colors, patterns and more. The following are just a few of the more popular types of area rugs that you can choose from:
- Persian Rugs: Persian rugs are perfect if you're looking to create a bold focal point. They are known for their elaborate designs as well as bright colors. Best of all, Persian rugs tend to look better as they age!
- Flokati Rugs: Flokati rugs hail out of Greece, where they have been hand woven for hundreds of years. Often made from sheep wool, these rugs are extremely soft yet durable and often have a 3 to 4 inch long pile. They work well in both contemporary and casual interior designs.
- Contemporary Rugs: If you're looking for an area rug to complement a room's design, a contemporary rug is a good option. Contemporary rugs commonly boast unusual shapes and bright colors, but can be specifically designed to compliment your room's upholstery, wallpaper, drapes and more.
- Oriental Rugs: Although traditionally from China, oriental rugs are now produced in India, Iran and Romania as well. They are made from a variety of different materials, including affordable material, such as wool, as well as more expensive material, such as silk. Whatever material you choose, oriental rugs are durable pieces that will add a touch of luxury to any room.
Cleaning Your Area Rugs
Vacuuming is importance to help maintain the look of your area rug. Getting a professional area rug cleaning from Rainbow International® on a regular basis is important for a couple reasons:
- Area rugs tend to collect hair, food particles, dust, and dirt easily, especially if there is a lot of foot traffic in the area. If you allow dust and dirt to build up, not only will it make your area rug look dirty, it will cause wear and tear that will shorten the
- The buildup of dust mites and microbes can cause health issues, especially for individuals that suffer from respiratory problems such as asthma.