Best thing for Cleaning carpets
Keeping your carpets clean doesn't have to be a hassle! Read on to find out more and discover which carpet cleaning method is right for you.
Regular maintenance of your carpet will help make deep cleaning it easier. Carpets need to be vacuumed once a week and more often in areas that are prone to dirt. This will prolong the life of your carpet and prevent a build-up of dirt.
Whether you have coffee stains on a cream-coloured carpet, crayon marks from cheeky toddlers, or simply a build-up of everyday dust and dirt, all carpets need a little care and attention every now and then. What puts many homeowners off of carpet cleaning is the effort involved in moving furniture and waiting for the fibres to dry, but carpet care doesn’t have to be difficult. If you’ve ever wanted to know how to clean carpets with ease, here are a few swift, simple ways to remove stubborn stains and lingering smells.
How to use powder as a carpet cleaner
Using powder is a great way to clean your carpet. This is the best strategy for cleaning your carpet with powder, whether it's a powdered carpet cleaner or baking soda:
- Sprinkle the powder liberally over the carpet.
- Leave the powder for at least 30 minutes – but if you can leave it overnight, all the better – this gives the cleaner time to work, softening the stains and consuming the odours.
- Vacuum up the powder when you’re done.
How to use carpet shampoo
Carpet shampoo is another popular way to clean your carpets. There are many different brands of carpet shampoo, so make sure that you follow the guidance on the label.
- Make up the solution as directed on the packaging. In many cases, the product will need to be diluted with water.
- Use just enough carpet shampoo to cover the area.
- Do not make the carpet too wet – not only is this a waste of detergent, but it’s also going to increase drying time.
- Scrub on the particularly stubborn areas using a hard-bristled brush.
- Let the carpet dry.
- Vacuum the shampoo once it has dried.