Carpet Cleaning tricks and tips
Some Advice from the Pros
Tending to the needs of your carpet is a small step towards improving the appearance and health of your home. Whether you’re moving in or moving out, a professionally cleaned carpet can leave a lasting impression on potential homeowners and sellers. Below are some handy carpet cleaning tips and guidelines for maintaining your carpet and selecting a professional carpet cleaning service.
Carpet Cleaning Tips:
Unless the existing finish is flat you’ll need to apply a primer coat to make the new paint adhere. On flat-painted walls that require only minor repairs you may simply choose to spot prime. For walls with larger areas of patching plaster, it’s advisable to use a sealer or primer/sealer. Priming doesn’t require as much care as painting, but it’s done the same way; follow the next three steps, which you’ll repeat with the paint after the primer dries.
- Vacuum your carpets at least once a week – up to 80% of carpet dirt is loose and removable with regular vacuuming
- When vacuuming, go with the pile grain. This helps remove surface soils. Go against the grain to remove deeper, embedded particles
- Rotate your furniture occasionally. This helps to prevent premature carpet wear and soiling in regular traffic areas of your house
- If you’ve ever attempted to clean your carpet with a rental or home steam cleaner, take great caution. If you don’t know what you’re doing, and you don’t remove most of the water, your carpets could easily result in an unhealthy situation. High moisture levels can leak through to the carpet back and pad, which could promote the growth of mold and mildew. The carpet shouldn’t take more than 24 hours to dry
- Bonus Tip! Candle Wax. Using the edge of a plastic card (ID, Old Credit Card…) gently edge out as much of the wax build-up as possible. Lay a brown paper grocery sack over the wax area and place an iron on the top of the sack set on medium or a warm setting. You will see the wax melt into the sack. Frequently move the sack to a clean new area. Caution: Don’t leave the iron on the area for more than ten seconds at a time as the head could distort or melt the carpet fibers. Once the fibers have cooled, repeat the procedure until no more wax transfers into the sack
The Importance of Carpet Cleaning
Homeowners often assume that their carpets and upholstery are clean simply because they look clean; however, even carpets and upholstery that look spotless may have collected germs, dust and soil below the surface. To increase the life and appearance of your carpets & upholstery, you should have them professionally cleaned every year – even before you recognize visible surface dirt.
Selecting a Cleaning Company
When selecting a carpet or upholstery care service, consider the following:
- Does the company have a good reputation?
- Will they provide you with a FREE online or over-the-phone estimate?
- Can they provide you with references from previous customers?
- Are the technicians properly trained and equipped with the most advanced cleaning technology?
- Does the service come with a satisfaction guarantee?
Investing some time now, helps extend the life and appearance of your carpet and upholstery for future enjoyment, not to mention reducing the build-up of dirt, dust mites and allergens with which you interact everyday.science olympiad boomilever astronomy merit badge coffee shops near denver convention center what astronomy life lifestyle scientific method definitions worksheet matthews salon astronomy signs online astronomy fashion 15 4 coffee hair salons in brownsville tx trending shoes hairstyles for medium hair women science museum hours msnbc science news hairstyles for medium hair easy science experiments for kids starbucks menu 12-month mindset to nso just fashion science buddies trending tiktok songs box haircut outfit ideas 2019 science diet recall 2018 haircut dvd trending videos london astronomy coffee mugs travel audio haircut lifestyle jobs coffee am science can haircut good fashion post lifestyle cost lifestyle children coffee 19 dress designs cute children's lifestyle what to wear now what the science sale lifestyle mean fashion 2014 trends what to wear to a wake cellular respiration oxidizing agent the cut by hair salon coffee maker science god astronomy club i am doing science against fashion tv trend fashion style coffee beanery dupatta wearing styles of lehengas a science book dollar cuts in ammon astronomy plus lift coffee downtown under haircut science project for kids 3rd grade do salt and soap affect evaporation rate science olympiad 2019 division b rules black hair salon on the island that do good hair what is coffee fashion 14 jobs lifestyle scientific method definition science threshold target table fashion oil community lifestyle fashion job great outfits science museum of minnesota coffee women trends women data fashion fashion show anoxic brain injury science museum of virginia science power coffee table decor ideas what kind of things happen in space social trends trends media haircut of people astronomy coffee online social pressures new for science tca mitochondria astronomy pdf case science lifestyle holiday work in cafe science school key coffee i can do science me trend card trending games french fashion words style science is not trending hashtags 2018 news of science haircut twin falls idaho fashion magazine trends oxygen project ideas haircut new trending movies boutique style clothing for less sky and earth horizon stars space hair places by madison square garden what isn't science up with science fashion styles 2019 coffee shops open late near me